Chatbot Customer Experience Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This role is part of the CX Strategy & Innovation team within Zendesk’s Advocacy organization. The charter for the team is to focus on creating a world-class and personalized advocacy experience for Zendesk customers while implementing a Zendesk stack to a best-in-class deployment.
This role will focus on our deployment of the Zendesk widget and our chatbot implementation serving as the primary owner for these customer experiences. The day to day work will be cross-functional in nature, across product design, brand, content, IT, Product & business stakeholders like Advocacy and Sales.
Your role as the Chatbot Manager will focus on the end to end customer experience of the chatbot ensuring everything from the design, brand, tone, content, flows and interactions all produce a fantastic brand experience for our customers while driving deflection of customer issues and inquiries through the bot’s automation.
Brand & Design partnership
- You will partner with our brand, product design and content teams to ensure our bot has a true Zendesk personality and is consistent top to bottom in our implementation.
Bot self-service automation
- You will drive analysis of issue deflection performance for the bot in it’s current state and identify areas for improvement in the bot today.
- You will either partner with the related business or content teams to improve or implement those changes in the bot yourself
- You will partner with business teams to analyze future areas for automation and develop implementation plans for extending this
- Own ongoing quality control of automations built
- Define and manage deflection KPIs
Bot topic detection & routing
- You will own, drive and implement the strategy for detection of customer issues and topics that the bot will perform
- Monitor closely this performance and make updates to it in an ongoing way
- Design and implement all routing frameworks based on the bot’s topic detection
- Define and manage detection & routing quality KPIs
- Partner with data team to determine how topic trends can be used for wider organizational insights
- Identify new integration needs and write functional requirements for them
- Partner with IT to define detailed requirements and oversee implementation
Vendor relationship management
- Serve as primary business stakeholder for chatbot vendor helping to define priorities, ingest their product roadmap into our plans and oversee critical issues
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience in a Product Management, Product Owner, CX / UX role or Implementation role
- Enthusiasm for chatbots, experience implementing a chatbot is a major plus
- Methodical, analytical, data driven, master communicator both written and verbal
- Experience working with Engineers
About Zendesk - Champions of Customer Service
Zendesk started the customer experience revolution in 2007 by enabling any business around the world to take their customer service online. Today, Zendesk is the champion of great service everywhere for everyone, and powers billions of conversations, connecting more than 100,000 logos with hundreds of millions of customers over telephony, chat, email, messaging, social channels, communities, review sites and help centers. Zendesk products are built with love to be loved. The company was conceived in Copenhagen, Denmark, built and grown in California, taken public in New York City, and today employs more than 4,000 people across the world. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
We believe in service. Learn more about how we provide support to our local communities with volunteering, grants and product donations.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The best customer experiences are built with Zendesk.