Conversational UX Designer (contract)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Why Join AliveCor:
As a trailblazing innovator in digital health, AliveCor is affecting measurable, positive change in people’s lives, while revolutionizing the industry. We were named by Fast Company as the #1 company in artificial intelligence in 2018.
Heart disease kills more people than anything else in the western world (including all cancers combined). Using our beautiful, FDA-cleared medical grade hardware and software, 1M+ users have taken over 100+ million EKGs and counting.
Our people are attracted to AliveCor because they want to accomplish something meaningful. Every single day, some of our customers tell us that we’ve literally saved their lives.
AliveCor is seeking a Conversational UX Designer who is passionate about solving customer problems and creating experiences that are elegant and effective. You will define, design, and refine a frictionless end-to-end service and support experience for our conversational AI products. The day-to-day role will entail designing, building, testing, and analyzing customer conversational flows. You will work closely with Product, User Experience, Engineering, and Stakeholders to establish a center-of-excellence around conversational UX at AliveCor. You will be helping us improve our process, develop new techniques, and create best practices to enable delivery of conversational user experiences.
- Work closely with the Product Management and Product Development Team (Product, UX, Engineering) to define, deliver, and refine conversational AI experiences that are effective, engaging, and consistent across all modalities.
- Prototype conversational flows: Create sample dialogs, Conversational flow diagrams, and mockups to effectively communicate voice and text interactions and design ideas.
- Conceptualize and iterate on end-to-end designs for conversational user interfaces and content.
- Implement intents and the associated phrases, entities, contexts, and business rules that define distinct conversational experiences.
- Perform analysis of conversation paths and flows to identify opportunities and inform future designs and refine the production dialog flows.
- Design, develop and evolve user conversational flows for resolving specific customer inbound issues or proactively engaging with the end customer for specific use cases
- Create a deep understanding of our Customers. Analyze current customer experiences to define friction points and create seamless and effortless experiences.
- Educate internal colleagues and stakeholders to understand the key concepts of conversation design.
- Conduct UX research and define the problem space/requirements by helping clients make appropriate trade-offs between optimal user experience, compliance and legal requirements, and technological limitation, create robust test plans that cover all the possible scenarios
- Conduct analyses of real usage data to inform UX efforts
- Drive root cause analyses to respond to UX performance issues.
- Triage and fix issues discovered through testing
- Plan and coordinate implementations of best practices
Qualifications and Skills:
- 4+ years’ experience in conversational design
- Experience designing in healthcare
- Experience conducting user testing and research
- Experience establishing and analyzing UX metrics
- Proficient in designing layouts, typography, pattern libraries, design systems, web and brand elements, etc
- Strong communication skills with other product managers and engineers for day to day tasks
- Strong organization skills, and a bias toward detail-oriented communication for a smooth designer-developer handoff
- Experience owning and executing on initiatives with minimal direction (independent, proactive, and "can-do" attitude)
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Strong project planning, tracking & organizing skills
- Expert proficiency in commonly used visual design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, InVisionApp, Figma, etc. (we use Figma)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fluid environment, handling a variety of assignments and technologies
- Experience with responsive web and mobile app design
- Deep understanding of iOS, Android, Material, and web design guidelines
- Understanding of best practices for WCAG compliance for Accessibility
*Remote Contractor (6-12 mos. with a possibility of converting to full-time)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AliveCor is saving lives & transforming cardiology.