Senior NLP Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
HomeX is an end-to-end technology and services platform for both homeowners and service providers, radically improving the historically complex and fragmented home services industry.
The HomeX Science team is looking for talented Senior NLP Engineers to help lead our research and development of our diagnostic systems. You will have solid experience in modern NLP like BERT, GPT and other transformer models and a core interest in NER, question answering, fact extraction and language generation.
Experience is desired in conversational diagnostics, knowledge representation and automated reasoning.
You will be empowered to invent and innovate, and be given clear ownership of engineering problems and solutions in a technology-led environment.
Having the chance to be involved in the early stages of a company dedicated to re-inventing an experience with universal reach is rare. The opportunity to do it with intensity but without the limited runway of a conventional start-up is what makes joining our team unique.
Our solid foundation, ambitious vision and experienced leadership team give us the means to quickly but uncompromisingly create experiences that will transform an entire industry.
- Research and develop systems for NER, fact extraction, question answering, structuring knowledge
- Build end-to-end conversational AI for troubleshooting and diagnosing customer problems
- Keep up to date in state-of-the-art researchLead the team on researching and developing our diagnostic systems
- Collaborate with talented product and research engineers across HomeX to revolutionise how customers interact with their homes
- Build end-to-end software systems that directly provide value to customers, while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent relevant industry experience, in Machine Learning, NLP and Linguistics
- Experience using machine learning libraries e.g. TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch
- Familiarity with language modeling tools such as Huggingface, spaCy, NLTK
- Familiarity with conversational dialog frameworks e.g. Dialogflow, Amazon Lex, Rasa
- Awareness of semantic technologies such as knowledge graphs, RDF/OWL, SPARQL
Do you want to reinvent a trillion-dollar industry? HomeX is a radically better home services platform combining world-class technology and next generation service operations. We are reshaping the experience for both consumers and businesses in the trillion-dollar home services industry.
Being radically better requires new end-to-end solutions for both consumers and technicians. This is why HomeX is combining a technology platform for the entire industry, a managed service network, and full-service experiences for consumers. Creating this integrated ecosystem enables us to deliver uniquely simple and personalized solutions that are redefining home services.
HomeX has experienced exponential growth because of our commitment to evolve the industry, our determination to be a positive force, and our passion for groundbreaking technology. Joining HomeX now is a once in a lifetime career opportunity for anyone passionate about making a difference and making history in consumer technology.
Check out our recent press, including TechCrunch's coverage of our $90M raise, here.
Why work with us? Working at HomeX means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success, as well as the close-knit camaraderie of a team of highly talented and motivated coworkers. We offer a collaborative, positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including equity, performance-based incentives and competitive benefits for full time employees.
Note: All HomeX offices are currently closed due to the coronavirus pandemic. As of June 2021, we plan to reopen offices mid summer, pending local regulations, and will expect most employees to work onsite 2-3 days per week by the end of the year.
HomeX values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs
Your application has been successfully submitted.
HomeX’s remote home services help you better manage your home, connecting you with expert technicians virtually.